Tuesday 17 May 2016

Introduction

I have had an interest in radio and electronics for many years, starting as a youngster taking things apart and investigating all manner of components. I have also experimented with equipment, circuits and components across amateur radio, basic electronics, constructing computers in the early days and with integrated circuits during the emerging digital era of the 1980's. In the late 70's I had formal training to operate and maintain all manner of marine radio and radar equipment - giving me a good grounding in radio and electronics.

Now I have a renewed interest in micro-computers and micro-processors such as the RaspberryPi and Arduino types. I'm having fun getting reacquainted with some older technology that I've managed to salvage, together with the more modern stuff. Also learning to code in Python has given me an idea to share some of the things I’ve been doing.
There are so many really good information sources and guides available on-line that I have used and appreciated. So now is a good time to try and put something back, something I hope will be of interest to experimenters and makers.
To the experienced technologist I suspect some of my experiments might seem basic. I have found that some articles on-line leave me with questions about how a particular circuit is working, why it does what it does, or perhaps the code hasn't been sufficiently documented and leaves me scratching my head wondering what’s going on.
In the posts that I hope to provide I'll try my best to provide enough supporting information.
Get in touch if you have any comments or suggestions.

My first article follows on from this intro and is a basic Latch [set & reset] circuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment